The AMA’s mandate is to preserve the heritage of the people and institutions of the Province of Manitoba by improving the administration, effectiveness and efficiency of the province’s archival system[s].
The association's goals and objectives are to:
- promote a better understanding and increased public awareness among Manitobans of the role and uses of archives
- provide a forum for the discussion of archival issues and the exchange of ideas on archival matters
- enhance the quality of service provided by archives and archivists to the communities they serve in Manitoba by promoting standards, procedures and practices in the establishment and management of archives
- provide assistance and educational opportunities to persons seeking to improve their knowledge of skills in the development, management or operation of archives
- advise, coordinate, and plan for the allocation of resources, grants and services for Manitoba's archival system